1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC VCR DH30000 or 9000 series

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by pfh, Feb 17, 2005.

1. pfh

pfh Guest

Anybody ever use the JVC HM DH30000U vcr for transfering vhs to dvd? That is, has anyone used it in the process of making dvd's from vhs and if so, how were the results. Would you reccomend it over one of the 9000 series of vcr's from JVC?

2. netdoc

netdoc Member

I was thinking the same thing actually. I bought a JVC low end SVHS (29xx) but after reading some of the reviews and mainly this one

http://www.digitalfaq.com/capture/vcrtbcsuggestions.htm

I question wheather I should even bother with it. I have been trying to figure out a way to get the stuff I need to copy VHS to DVD. (Not regular movies but home video) within a reasonable price range. One way I have found to do that is EBAY! The VCR you ask about is regularly on there for under $200. But so are lots of others. In the above referenced article he lists out some of the good JVC VCRS but I wonder what some others are. I would LOVE to hear some suggestions.

3. pfh

pfh Guest

Hey netdoc? For the price that some of those used JVC's are going for might as well buy a brand new 9911!!! Sheeeeesh! Did you see the one that went for $500+ !!! I found a new JVC 9911 for $359 + $15 S/H. Google it.

4. netdoc

netdoc Member

So i see. They all started off so low, but kept climbing. Auctions have become rediculous these days with people paying so much. But I am still hopefull I can get some of the stuff I need without having to pay a fortune.