1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kein System : How I Fixed This with IFA

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by dsfjdsfjd, Apr 18, 2007.

1. dsfjdsfjd

dsfjdsfjd Guest

I getting the Kein System message on my Nokia DBox2 after trying to flash it.
    I've read lots of info about re-flashing with IFA.

I shut down the DBox2, shut down the firewall / disable xp firewall, open up IFA ( I don't have a null modem cable), select location of image,
    select network card, press next and the following " the pc will now be prepared ....", I press ok the power up the Dbox2.

Screenshot of what I get here:
    http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitled11111gd0.jpg

Nothing happens, same message on Dbox2 ie kein system.

I tried this two ways. I connected a cross over cable directly from the Dbox2 to my Network card and I also tried it with a network cable form the Dbox2 to the router / the router connected to the Network. Which is the right way?
    Same result from both.

My pc has an static ip address of 192.168.0.2 / gateway 192.168.0.1 / Subnet 255.255.255.0.
    I have given my Network card a value of 10mb Half in the Speed/Duplex property.

any ideas? thanks

2. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Go to control panel & disable all other newtork cards, internet, bluetooth etc.
    Keep on trying, nokias are easier to flash than sagems. Took me about 20 goes to flash a sagem last night. I have a core duo and it brings up warnings about it, so I went into the BIOS and disabled it. It worked on the 3rd flash after that, not sure if it is a coincidence though.
    Timing seems important. You can hold down the 2 outer buttons on the front panel to turn off without replugging. I find after pressing OK it is best to release between 1-3 seconds afterwards.

If the cursor is static on the dbox you may as well start again since in 5 seconds it will be a "kein system". If the flashing is working the cursor will be flashing and become "lade" after 5 seconds.

Go direct from card to dbox

Last edited: Apr 18, 2007
  3. dsfjdsfjd

dsfjdsfjd Guest

I thinks the problem might be I'm using a straight cable and not a crossover cable.
    Will get a crossover tomorrow and see how that goes.

4. dsfjdsfjd

dsfjdsfjd Guest

1. Connected Crossover cable from Dbox to PC Network Card.
    2. Turned off all firewalls inc WinXP one, Anti-Virus and running programs.
    3. Fired up Image Flashing Assistant.
    4. Selected Image I wanted to flash and selected Network card.
    5. Pressed Start.
    6. Pressed OK.
    7. Enlagred Minimized window that appears.
    8. Open Flap on Nokia DBox, and hold down the two outer buttons simultameously.
    9. Pressed Start on the Minimized window (now enlarged).
    10. Let go of the 2 buttons.

Pic of the minimized windows enlarged, with start button on the left hand side:
    http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=368357yw1.jpg

Notes:
    I had to use a crossover network cable, cost €2.50. It wouldn't work with a straight cable ie the one that came with my router.
    Might also work by turning on the Dbox after you press the Start button.

5. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

6. james1310

james1310 Member

got the same problem but when i press ok it says UDP-port 68 and or 67 is already used by application "DBox_Boot.exe" the BOOTP-Server would not work !Please close the application

Need help

7. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

disable your internet connection sharing on your computer udp port you mentioned are used by dhcp which ics uses