1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kenwood LS-P9000

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by ffocus06, Dec 7, 2010.

1. ffocus06

ffocus06 Regular member

So I was helping a friend move a tv today at a 70 yr old womans house and I saw these crazy looking speakers sitting there. They were in great condition and I immediately started looking them up to see exactly what they were. Well apparently I can't find to much information on them and I was wondering if anyone had some info on them and whether or not they would be worth it to pick up. They look brand new.

Anyways any info on these would be greatly appreciated. I can't find anything on Google besides vintage and people saying to get them and not get them.

Also if anyone knows what they might be worth cause I was thinking I would ask the lady if she'd let them go for 100 bucks.

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

Thats about the right price .. nice pair of early/mid 80's proper hi-fi workhorse units .. will go well with a Trio or Denon amp around the 30wpc mark.. and to appreciate them you need to get some way to play good vinyl.. cd's don't really cut it with nice clear open sounding units like that.

Check they both work first tho.. the tweeters were prone to going open circuit and if they have been standing for years chances are the suspensions have gone stiff.. so they will need running up gently otherwise you will rip the cones

3. ninacook

ninacook Member

Here. Very interesting looking speakers, lots of tweeter. Ive never seen this model before and know nothing about them. Would be curious how they sound.
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg Kenwood LS-P9000 speakers 1.jpg (7.7 KB, 70 views)
    File Type: jpg Kenwood speakers 2.jpg (8.0 KB, 72 views)

4. Tracy Stinson

Tracy Stinson Newbie

I need to know dimensions for LSP 9300 speaker

5. cactikid

cactikid Active member

get the info off the rear sticker of what ohms they are to see if they match up with whats out now.

6. Tracy Stinson

Tracy Stinson Newbie

Im wanting to custom build the speakers but don't have specifics of box size, or speaker sizes. That is what I need to know