1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keyboard going berserk..

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Knivez, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Knivez

Knivez Regular member

Ok so i turn on my pc.. my keyboard light (on keyboard) which tells me that the keyboard is working (so everything is going fine so far).. but then windows loads and my keyboard completely shuts off.. and the only button that works is the f-lock button (which locks the f-keys)... i didnt know wat to do so i changed the usb port the keyboard is in to another (the one next to it) ... and amazingally it worked. Ok so this is the second day now.. i turn on my pc.. light goes on...everything is fine then the keyboard freezes again.. i try to change my usb port to the one i used before but it doesnt respond (so now it doesnt respond to first usb or second usb)so i put it in another port in the front of my pc and again.. it works.. but im afraid that tomorrow this port isnt gonna work again.. does anyone have any idea how to fix this..??

O btw ive had this keyboard for 2 years and used it on over 3 pcs (i really like it )

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  2. bkf

bkf Guest

Try reloading the keyboard driver files

3. Knivez

Knivez Regular member

As in reinstalling software (the software is quiet useless.. it has nothing to do with the keyboard..all spam and programs to make shortcuts on keyboard work) i already tried reinstalling software.. nothing happened..

4. bkf

bkf Guest

Your connector damaged it maybe damaging the connectors on the pc

5. Knivez

Knivez Regular member

ok since bkf started getting me on this driver thing.. i looked at my drivers for keyboard under control panel and i looked at driver details..
    i have 3 files under this sectiong being
    C:\\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\ELkbd.sys
    C:\\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\kbdclass.sys
    C:\\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\kbdhid.sys

the last 2 have a digital signature while the first one does not...i dun know what that means.. but maybe ill help someone understand how to fix it.. btw the usb ports arent the problem b/c i connected my printer to each one of them and it worked fine with all..

6. bkf

bkf Guest

Digital signature just means it was blessed by microsoft. The keyboard may be dying. I killed a few with a flying glass of beer.

Go to the manufacture web site and see if there is any new software for it.

Also consider a sticking key every once in a while

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2007
  7. Knivez

Knivez Regular member

I thought it was dieng too.. but when it change its port.. it works fine...which for me doesnt make much sense..

8. bkf

bkf Guest

Yes but then it stops working. read up one post i added something.

USB connectors are not that good when they start getting older

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2007