1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kinda new to HDTv

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by wyldesyde, Jan 25, 2008.

1. wyldesyde

wyldesyde Member

Hi. Just want to say that I love the forums. I have learned alot but still have a couple of questions. I have a Vizio VW42L10A. It is 720p. It has 2 HDMI inputs and 2 component inputs. Both the HD receiver and home theater system have HDMI and component inputs. Which inputs would be the best way to go? I thought I read somewhere that HDMI would not put audio out in Dolby 5.1 but cant remember. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Sorry I almost forgot, my cable box is a Scientific Atlanta 4240HDC and I have a Phillips HTS3544 home theater.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  2. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Hey, glad to see you here man!

If I were you I would definately use the HDMI inputs for your video. Also, if you have a digital coaxial or digital optical input on your receiver, I'd go that route for your audio.

I took a look at your Phillips home theater, it's an upconverter so to get the 1080i signal from it, you definately need to use the HDMI cable. Most upconverters do not output the 1080i signal through component, you must go HDMI.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2008