1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Labels on DVD's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jdhartmjm, Oct 1, 2004.

1. jdhartmjm

jdhartmjm Guest

I use Meritline DVD/CD adhesive labels on all of my backup DVD's. Is this a catastrophe waiting to happen?? I've been doing this for 6 months, no problems yet, but then again, there is so much I don't know. I would be interested to find out what the forum has to say.

2. juca39

juca39 Guest

Many of the people in this forum do no like adhesive labels on the DVD's. There is a reason. If not atached perfectly, you will end up with an unbalanced DVD and many players will not play it perfectly. Another problem is that the players while playing a DVD get very hot inside and the label may parcialy detach from the DVD and you will have a serious problem to get the DVD out of the player. I have used them, but after having a couple of problems, I stoped using them, now I just write on them with a marker. After all, they are just copies. If you want to get professional, buy a printer that prints CD's (epson has a couple of printers) and download your covers from the site you are using now. Do not forget to buy printable DVD's, I've seen the printed DVD's and they look awsome.