1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

laptop infection

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by STEVERIVS, Aug 28, 2012.

1. STEVERIVS

STEVERIVS Member

I have been infected by a virus that has locked my laptop down i'm doing this in safe mode.
    It Has come up as a Ukash scam to try to get me to send money "£100" to them stating that it is from the metro police and other sections, if i send the money they will unfreeze my laptop. I knew it was false because i had done nothing wrong. Is there a way of getting things going again whilst in safe mode, one problem i find is any scans i do don't work properly in safe mode.
    Please don't tell me it's a lost cause and i've lost the lot, i'm ok on a pc but i'm not high tech like you guy's, help please.

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

3. aldan

aldan Active member

what are you running for antivirus,malware,and spyware? on top of a good antivirus like avira or microsoft security essentials you need a good spyware remover like superantispyware,and a good malware tool like malwarebytes.regular scans with these programs keep your pc running smoothly.that having been said,get these on your pc and scan.remove anything they come up with.also download,update and run hijack this and post a log.dont fix anything just yet.

4. STEVERIVS

STEVERIVS Member

Once again you guy's have come up trumps i downloaded superantispyware, ran a scan and it came up with a load of crap on my pc and it's cleaned them out and it appears to have fixed my initial virus problem, thanks again.

5. aldan

aldan Active member

its always good to hear things turned out for the best.