1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laptop Screen

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Waymon3X6, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

hello everyone,
    my screen on y ibm thinkpad t60p has cracked, and I am looking for a replacement. The screen is a 15.4 inch SXGA+, and I am thinking about getting this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1H-IBM-ThinkPad...ryZ42189QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I just wanted to know what the difference between SXGA+ screens and WSXGA screens are. Also, do you think the one I listed will work with my setup, and is it hard to install? I know you have to take the actual screen out of the casing, but is it really hard. (I think I could do t, although I'm more of a desktop than than laptop.)

Thanks!

EDIT: Btw, the default resolution for my current (cracked) screen is 1680x1050.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

All that SXGA+ and WSXGA mean are the resolution. SXGA+ I believe is 1400x1050, whereas WSXGA I think is 1680x1050, and is of course widescreen. The resolution may be stated wrongly for one of the items, sxga+ isn't a widescreen resolution to my knowledge.