1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD Lag

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Nelmeco, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Nelmeco

Nelmeco Regular member

I have a 46 inch Samsung LCD Screen 720p. I play my 360 with Halo 3 and other games. Is there anything I can do to decrease the screen lag? I am currently using game mode, but I can still tell that there is some lag. Thank you.

2. philzone

philzone Regular member

the lag comes from "scaling" which is the game outputting one resolution, and the tv scales to another. Read the game literature, and i think native resolution of halo 3 is 640p. it uses hdr lighting and scales itself. tho it says 720, 1080, its really not. it does some tricks with textures and such(not totally sure exactly what)
    anyways, make sure output, input resolution match(may have to try different output/input resolutions) I am certain you can correct this with trial and error, and dont smear. that will also cause lag

3. Nelmeco

Nelmeco Regular member

Thank you very much.

4. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

Lag is also because of the TV probably only has 60 Hz. So the fast action is blurred and sometimes lags

I have 120 Hz on my Samsung 52" LCD and no lag problem.

5. Nelmeco

Nelmeco Regular member

Im guessing there isnt a way to change the hz

6. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

As far as I know you can't change the Hz unless it was capable of displaying different settings of Hz and being able to switch, like on some computer monitors.

It's an unfortunate scenario, a certain business that tried selling me a TV, said that everyone was buying that one because it was a little cheaper. I paid a little more for the 120 Hz, apparently Tv's with higher Hz are coming on the market.

Kinda trippy watching movies with the Hz on high. Everything seems fast motioned. Best for the gaming or on auto when watching a movie.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  7. Nelmeco

Nelmeco Regular member

I guess I'll just get over it. Don't need to buy anohter thousand dollar tv. Thanks for the info.