1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

led's/resistors

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Spyder22, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

On mine I just used a 220 ohm resister. Make sure to solder it to the positive leg on the LED (the longer leg).

3. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

so the larger the ohm rating on the resistor the less electricity is allowed to pass or is it the other way around?

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

What you said first is correct... ohm stands for resistance, so the higher the ohms (resistance) the less voltage it will allow through. I'm sure you don't need a 220 ohm resisister, and to figure this out you will need a multimeter and know how to use some basic equations. I wish I remembered that conversion dealing with voltage and resistance, but it has been over 2 years since I took an electronics course, SORRY!

5. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

ok thanks, i just used a 100 ohm resistor and it works fine

6. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Alright, so the 100 ohm works then, good deal! Hey, if you can get any pics of your ps2, you should send them to me on my site so I can post them! http://www.geocities.com/modchipzone/

Later

7. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

i just go a xbox wit orange led and blue controller ports nothin special

8. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Ok, sorry for my post above, I was thinking I was in the ps2 forum for a second there, I always go back and forth and sometimes forget which one I'm in...

Well, if you have pics, I would still like to check em out if it isn't to much trouble for you; I need all of the pictures I can get on my site..