1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG GSA 4160b

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Keylow, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Keylow

Keylow Guest

today i had bought the gsa 4160b , it says on the drive that ver. firmware is A302.....i also have the gsa 4120b..which should be ran as master and which as slave?....and if the LG site says the firmware is A302
    and dvd infopro says it's at a302...should i leave the firmware as is?....any recommendations would be greatly appreciated...thanks

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

As a general rule on firmware, you only update the firmware if there is a problem with your drive that needs corrected. If the drive is working as it should with proper burns and playback, I would not upgrade.
    As to master /slave, I'm guessing the 4160 is a slightly better drive so I would make it master. Keep this in mind. Sometimes 2 drives made by the same company and on the same IDE cable may cause conflicts between the 2 drives. If this should happen, put the better drive as MASTER on the secondary IDE and the other drive as Slave on the primary IDE cable. Having them on different IDE cables usually corrects the problem. This doesn't always happen but is something to remember just is case. Good luck.

Jerry