1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG LDA-731 Won't play Xvid?!?! Help plz experts!

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by LR25, Apr 10, 2007.

1. LR25

LR25 Member

Greetings to all the DivX guru's out there, here is my scenario.

Just purchased a new LG LDA-731 DivX player and have hooked it up to my LG 52" DLP TV capable of 1080i. The player is connected with an HDMI cable. For my first test, I downloaded an episode of Sopranos. Here is the file title if it helps reveal any info. (The.Sopranos.S06E13.HR.HDTV.XviD-NBS.avi) I have burned it onto a blank DVD+R using Nero and then popped it into the player. The menu screen DOES show the file on the disc, but when selecting it for playback, the screen hangs for about a second and then it goes back to the menu screen. I then popped in some older discs I have filled with other DivX movies and those seem to work no problem.

My question is, why won't this file work? Does it have anything to do with the fact it's an Xvid vs a DivX or that its double the size cause it was recorded in HD??? As I stated, the player is connected via an HDMI cable and the output is set to 1080i.

Thanks in advance

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

The player would be Home Theater certified which means it supports upto 720x576 MAX. Your file would be 960x544 or something like that. You would need to resize to 720x544 and re-encode (assuming that your player supports ARS). The fact that it is from a HDTV source makes no difference, neither should the fact that it is compressed with Xvid, although there could be features like GMC enabled that would prevent it from playing anyway.