1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG LED TV problem?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by acebailey, Sep 28, 2011.

1. acebailey

acebailey Regular member

I have an lg led 47lw5300 tv that is a week old. The tv has a great picture but somtimes while watching tv shows I see a flash of horizatal lines appear for a split second, it seems like it happens when the movie or show are changing sceens quickly. I thougt it might be the hd connection so I purchase some new ones, but I still see this. I am using a Rogers cable PVR box and thougt it might be a bad signal from the box, so I rewound the show to see if it would come up in the play back but it didnt. It seemsto kind of random,and my wife thinks I'm nuts, because I already returned one because I couldnt get rid of ghost lines on the tv.

The lines are like this but thicker and closer together, for a split second. Could someone help me understand this.
    _________
    _________
    _________
    _________

2. acebailey

acebailey Regular member

3. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

interesting it exists off air but not on the recording .. could be some mains borne interferance.. try flicking a few light switches or something heavy like immersion heater or similar and see if it happens. I get spikes due to the lift in the building.