1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG Super Multi DVD Writer GSA-4040B won't burn DVDs!

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by williamb, Oct 16, 2004.

1. williamb

williamb Member

I reformatted my PC and on Windows XP Pro. After that, the LG GSA-4040B won't burn DVDs! It can play DVDs and CDs and write CDs but it won't burn DVDs. Every program I have tried (Nero, CopytoDVD) all freeze after caching the files. I know it is not the DVD, I have tried many. I tried putting the new firmware on the drive. I followed all the directions, set it up as master with nothing else connected to the IDE. THe program just said Updating was failed. Please repeat that. (Error data = 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 . Help, I have tried uninstalling the drive from the device manager but nothing works. Thanks in advance guys, I hope I gave enough info.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2004
  2. williamb

williamb Member

I have downloaded the latest ASPI, but for some damn reason I can't get the firmware to update! I'm thinking of bringing the drive back to Futureshop and getting a new one.

3. p200002

p200002 Member

If the size of the source DVD is greater than 4.26GB, you won't be able to burn the DVD. You will have to reauthor it and then burn it.

I have one. It works greatly except it eats premium blank DVD discs.

4. vivalakev

vivalakev Member

I have the same problem. ( I have the same make & model drive)

Before I formatted the PC, it could burn CD's & DVD's. But now, it will only burn DVD RW and CD's.

The firm ware is up to scratch, but I keep getting Reset Occured when trying to burn DVD's.

I find it strange that it will burn DVD RW's, but not DVD-R/+R's
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Cheers! and Roll On!
    Kev[/small]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2004