1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lite On CDRW problems

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Kewlie, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Kewlie

Kewlie Guest

the problem is that i have a lite-on ltr 12101B cdrw which used to work fine on this same computer and OS, but all of a sudden when ever i try and burn any cd's it has a habit of saying that i have not inserted any cd when i have , and i can go on inserting cd after cd until all of a sudden it starts to write, and its not the cds i have been inserting, because another time when i try it i use the same rejected cds , after a few attempts it will start burning on one of the previously rejected cds... strange but VERY annoying, i have looked all over the net , to no avail - so i REALLY hope there is some one on here with the know-how to help me solve this, and many thx in advance for any help offered...

CJA-UK

BTW: this happens with many and all different burning software i have tried, which include nero, ezCD 5.2, nti, alchahol 120% and clone cd - and even drive image when i backed my newly installed OS up (which i have re-installed countless times to try and solve this)

2. HaroldW

HaroldW Guest

Did this just start happening after you installed another CD burning package, like for instance, already have Nero on your system and then install EZCD Creator? Certain versions of Nero and EZCD Creator when installed on the same system cause problems. Or do you have the packet writing software installed from both Nero and EZCD Creator (I believe they are called InCD and DirectCD respectively) this could possibly cause it. If you have both of the above installed I suggest you try removing all of the programs from the Nero install or the EZCD Creator install and see if that fixes the problem.