1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lite-On DVD ± R problem

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by KaiserZr, Mar 3, 2007.

1. KaiserZr

KaiserZr Member

I am using the Lite-On LH-20A1P-186 DVD burner, and after having no trouble burning using alchohol 120%, I just noticed when I have a blank DVD in the drive, the D: drive (which is my dvd burner)does not seem to recognize the disk, it says it is a cd with no memory available and no memory recorded. I updated its firmware from the Lite-On website, but it is doing the same thing. I even formatted my harddrive thinking maybe a virus I had detected messed with something, but after installing windows xp again, it does the same thing. It will recognize disk if they allready have data on them, like games or other stuff, but if it is blank it tells me nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Playr

Playr Regular member

It appears to be working fine in that it recognizes the games. When you insert blank media, you can double click your drive letter (D:\) and a 2nd window should appear (it will be empty as your media is blank). Try it and see what happens.

You don't say if you have had success burning onto blank DVD media?