1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lite-On LVW-5005 - Won't Read Discs

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by Hobbs13, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Hobbs13

Hobbs13 Member

Ok, I have a Lite-On LVW-5005 and the firmware is updated (No Hacks) as of yesterday. Here's the issue. I can burn DVD's, but they won't play in ANY other device. I work in the IT field and our Audio Video guy even took a look at it. I won't play in his top of the line DVD Burners or his computer's Lite-On DVD player.

Keep in mind the discs play fine on the Lite-On LVW-5005 . Just not anywhere else. Any Ideas?

Oh, when you put a disc burned by the 5005 in another player it usually displays NO DISC. If you put it in another burner, it shows up as a Blank disk.

HELP!

2. Rewired

Rewired Member

Are you finalizing the disk on the 5005 before trying on other players? The disks won't be read on anything but the 5005 if they have not been finalized. If you are finalizing, have you tried both +R and -R media. I also have a 5005 and one of my Panasonic DVD players will not read +R media. But if I make the recording on the 5005 using -R media it works fine on the Panasonic.