1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

liteon dvd burner won't read an original dvd that operates in my stand alone without hitch

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kazafog, May 23, 2004.

1. kazafog

kazafog Member

This to anyone who can possibly help me,

Have not long had this computer

amd 2000+
    256 mb ram
    40G hd
    liteon ldw-451s burner

Originally i had no problems now several different dvd's will freeze up the whole show on start up. I have tried removing all programs associated with dvd (avi to dvd,tmpg author,dvd 43, anydvd, dvd region free etc).
    The dvd burner comes up with the name of the disc and properties but dvd decryptor,shrink or powerdvd just hang.
    I also get another error using iso's made by dvd decryptor when i try to shrink them (with dvd shrink) it says "memory location access error". I would not be surprized if this has something to do with it.

Yesterday powerdvd told me that it could not play a particular dvd because i had the tv out enabled but on this budget pc i don't even have tv out. today it doesn't tell me this it just hangs.

please help kazafog

ps i have also reflashed the dvd burner with gsb7 which it already had, just in case.

2. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

hmm i have the same DVD burner....

but ive had no troubles, with it and i have the same type processor and the same size hardrive

so originally u had no problems? do you use system restore?

if so use system restore to go abck to when it was working fine (after backin up once more course) and see what u had changed before it knackered up

if u dont use it post here

3. kazafog

kazafog Member

thanks for the reply Loner,

i've gone one step further now and formatted the hard drive. the drive still would not read a few discs straight away, then i installed mysonic dvd and it allowed some different discs to work but some others still hang. I would not have thought that mysonic had drivers or anything in it so i has got me stuffed.

decryptor still ended in errors trying to rip the same disc that wouldn't play before installing mysonic. so for backup this drive seems almost useless.

a friend of mine has the same drive and has backed up his whole collection of about seventy discs. and i'm having trouble gettting through a measly dozen or so.

powerdvd just gave me a couple of new message errors code-
    89030000 unknown file format

89020003 damaged disc (it still works in the standalone and i've always been under the assumption that pc drives read better)

f4d41436 tv out is enabled and encryption won't allow play.

very frustrated

kazafog

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

there are some movies that will read in your dvd player (it has error correction) that cannot be read by the computer. Your only option is try cleaning the disc or getting ahold of another copy.

5. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

very strange...... have u updated to the latest firmware? that could be a reason

Reflashed it? what u mean.... that could also be a problem i aint never flashed my Drive and it works great... the firmware could be a cause.....

hmm, what processes have u got running in the background when your burning or reading

Dean

6. kazafog

kazafog Member

thanks very much for the interest in helping me out.

But i couldn't take it any longer, i took it back to the computer shop and let them figure it out. They tried all sorts apparently and in the end replaced the drive with another liteon model ldw-411s

thanks again

Kazafog

7. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

lol, well thats one way