1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liteon LVW-5045 doesn't like DVDs

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by ZebUK, Mar 16, 2007.

1. ZebUK

ZebUK Member

OK in a nut shell...

Mum buys DVD+RW disc and records something onto it. If only she writes to it she has no problem.

If I use my DVD Recorder to blank the disc or even Nero (full or quick) mother's 5045 now refuses to even acknowledge a disc in the unit saying "No disc present" or something similar.

Would a firmware update fix this or is this something else? I have been involved in another topic where we're extremely close to replacing the DVD drive with another drive.

Mother is very anxious about firmware updates after we killed her Apple Mac. Luckily it was Apple who told us to update it and they replaced it.

2. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

Use Nero to do a FULL ERASE ----- DO NOT FORMAT THE DISK

Put the Disk in the 5045. Go to Tools and ERASE the Disk, This will also format the disk in the 5045

You may have to do this a couple of times
    Sometimes in using a +RW disk it can get screwed up and it may appear to be clear when its mot
    Nero will ask/try to format the disk, when using its format.[DON'T] The 5045 might not recognize it and try to prepare it, and the disk might appear unusable. This does not mean the disk is no good

If this does not work. Put a NEW +RW disk If the disk is not recognized You may have to look further into a drive replacement or new unit as spoken about in another Post

I would doubt that a firmware will correct the issue