1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

liteon

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by totty68, Feb 10, 2007.

1. totty68

totty68 Regular member

i recently bought a liteon dvd writer,its been playing up and can find no details of how long it is under warranty for,emailed liteon,,2 days ago,,no reply as yet,anyone shed any light on how long its under warranty for ?

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

You're kidding, right? How would we know? You bought it, you have the manual on it, so you are the one that needs to read the warranty information.

3. totty68

totty68 Regular member

eh duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,,doesnt say,,,,,,,,,y u think i`m on here

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

You should have found that out when you bought it... And it will be in your manual or something somewhere, so look harder. No one will be able to tell you the exact amount of time, as they don't have the drive. Heck, you didnt even state what LiteOn drive it is!

I should imagine at least a year.

5. totty68

totty68 Regular member

its the super allwrite ripper,,bought it in july,,as for the info i`m looking for,it never came with a booklet,,more like a pamphlet,it come with power dvd disc and nero disc,i have been through it and through it and theres nowt about the warranty,,its been playing up but i think now its ready to give up on me,i know now i shoulda went for the pioneer 111,coulda got that for 23 quid,paid 40 for this crap

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

What problems are you having? They may be fixable ;-)

7. zebadee

zebadee Regular member

Hi ;-)
    If it's the UK (going by the £ bit) the warranty is in fact 12 months.
    Seems a steep price, I just bought a LH-20A1P full retail for £27 (three bezels s/w etc).

8. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Hey zebadee :D

Lol

9. totty68

totty68 Regular member

thx zeb,,hehehehehehe y am i hehehehehe-ing i hear u say,,i was called zeb at skool,surname is dougal,get it lmao,anyways,scotland i am from,this concerns ripper as well,,when i put a cdr in,it wont always recognise the disc,sometimes it wont even let me open it up, when it does recognise it,i sometimes get the error about not a valid win 32 something or other,its just like the writer has a mind of its own,it wont even recognise my tuff discs or my datawrite dvd`s now, i have some cheap cdr`s,i tried about 30 discs,lucky if it recognised 6 of them,sometimes when i put a disc in and it aint recognised,it will let me burn,comes up successful but wont let me play it,then i try in my other pc,,game works,i have updated the firmware for the driver,,helppppppppppppppppppppp

10. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

totty...

even though english is your second language could you try and phrase your questions in a way that all of us can understand?