1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Login lockup

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by CaRDz, Jul 10, 2007.

1. CaRDz

CaRDz Member

After installing and re-installing the non-steam CS 1.6 version from hamachi.net, I wanted to practice up a bit on CS and downloaded ZBot - which I know to be virus free - off torrentspy. When I ran Zbot, the pointer along with everything locked up. I tried ending task, but no computer response came. As a last resort, I held the power button to force a shutdown so I can proceed to try and determine if the setup caused the lockup or something else. However, when I powered up the computer a while later, the same thing happened. All but the background image and the mouse pointer can be seen where all the rest (start menu, taskbar, desktop icons) aren't visible and aren't accessible through the common shortcut keys.

I've also found that when I try to restart the computer, a c000021a fatal error comes up in a blue screen. I've read a couple of explainations about this type of error and it seems that it has something to do with the primary hard disk, which I think to be the cause. No drastic programs or patches, to my knowledge, were installed as of late that could possible alter any of the registry libraries.

"This occurs when Windows switches into kernel mode and a user-mode subsystem, such as Winlogon or the Client Server Runtime Subsystem (CSRSS), is compromised and security can no longer be guaranteed. Because Win XP can't run without Winlogon or CSRSS, this is one of the few situations where the failure of a user-mode service can cause the system to stop responding. This Stop message also can occur when the computer is restarted after a system administrator has modified permissions so that the SYSTEM account no longer has adequate permissions to access system files and folders."

I brought up the Windows Command Menu and instead of having C:\Documents and Settings\(Username)\Desktop> as the directory, C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Desktop> is what appears.

Help will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
    CaRDz

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  2. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

try running safe mode

3. CaRDz

CaRDz Member

Is there a safe mode on windows XP?

Any other suggestions?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2007