1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a new mouse.

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by DXR88, Apr 29, 2015.

1. DXR88

DXR88 Regular member

Alright as the title mentions I'm looking for a new mouse to replace my extremely aging Logitech MX300 its almost 15 years old now. i haven't updated it because mouse shopping is a pain that costs more in restocking fee's than the mouse is worth. i had purchased the MX300 at a store that had a mice on the mat gig, so you could try before you buy. the store is long gone and I've not seen a place that does it since.

Ive tried several mice like the G8/Razor Death adder and my weakness for these other wise excellent specimens have been the thumb indention required to get to the additional button have me doing more tricks than an 80's tech deck trick master.

Anyway i'm looking for a mouse that is suitable to some one that has long beef franks called fingers and a thumb that belongs to a circus midget.(non sarcastic translation: Longer than average fingers, shorter than average thumb, narrow palm). and has a palm/claw grip style.

The mouse itself something modern preferably weighty, optical or laser doesn't matter to me so long as the sensors are decent.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

wired or wireless?

3. DXR88

DXR88 Regular member

wired, if the wireless has a decent receiver i can settle for that

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

My fav mouse is a nortek egos 8 wl laser 2.4Ghz.
    Battery life is good
    Has auto off & has an off button as well
    It reconnects well.
    It's reasonably heavy & has width with large left & right paddle type buttons
    Very Comfortable ideal i think for big hands (i have small hands with fat fingers)
    Can be used on numerous surfaces,wood,stainless,plastic,wallpaper,carpet & numerous fabrics incl velcro,basically whatevers within reach,doesn't work on the keyboard it will work on a monitor so long as its off hehehe,it also works through walls,my lounge & kitchen are parallel & separated by the wall distance is 5mtr's.
    8 button mouse,extra buttons are forward,back.Volume up & down & i think pause play.has a dpi button i have no idea what it's for
    scroll wheel tilts

edit:your mention of claw grip is how i use it,fits snuggly

just had a look at the mouse you mention,the nortek is very similar without the narrowed bit in centre (looking down on it),the two buttons on the left side (forward & back) are narrower & separated by a indentation which has a hump in it's centre which keeps my thumb from hitting them

dimensions as best measured with tape measure
    base width across front 60mm
    base width across rear 55mm
    length left side 110mm
    length right side 100mm
    Highest point bottom to top at left side in centre 43mm
    Highest point on rightside centre.........................35mm
    mouse slope down slightly left to right & forward to right cnr of right paddle

mouse receiver exposed protrusion size when plugged in to usb port 32mm height of receiver 5mm

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  5. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

6. DXR88

DXR88 Regular member

I cant find anything on this mouse aside from a few pictures.

7. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

nortekonline.com is the web address unfortunately it goes no where,can only assume the company went belly up or got swallowed by a different brand

8. DXR88

DXR88 Regular member

is anybody familiar with Steel Series, they have a mouse that looks like the mx300 part for part with adjustable DPI. the price is insane at around $90.00 with new egg and amazon reviews all over the place for it, that's usually a sure sign of shoddy QA.

9. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Hard to believe there were mice even dearer than that,it would need a dam good warranty of 3 yrs or more at those prices
    some in link are ridiculously priced,others well still dear by my reckoning

pc world top 10
    http://au.pcmag.com/computer-mice-products/8882/feature/the-10-best-gaming-mice

what i'd do is buy a really cheap mouse cordless or not then keep an eye out for any sales,this also includes online auction clearing places,here in nz we have grays they sell off old IT equipment & ex lease,can get some really good deals,unfortunately they don't ship outside of AU or NZ

10. omendata

omendata Regular member

Anyone that pays more than a tenner for a mouse must be mad~!!