1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for a video capturing software for my RADEON powercolor X300 Se

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by carlot, Apr 10, 2005.

1. carlot

carlot Guest

Is there a software for capturing video with powerecolor X300 Se
    I seem to cant find anything for my graphics card.

I want to connect my playstation 2 to the graphics card to play...
    so any recommended video capturing programs that i could use for my RADEON 128mb X300 Se

THANX (^_^)

2. turkey

turkey Regular member

umm, what is the model # of your card?? are you sure the card supports video input (sometimes refered to as VIVO)?

if the card does have video capture capabilities than any capture software will work. only in special cases does a video card require specific software...

VirtualVCR is a great program for analog capture, plus it is free. but if you are looking to play PS2 on the computer you will want a fullscreen feature. VirtualVCR does not have fullscreen but Intervideo WinDVR 3 and Mainconcept MPEG Encoder 1.4.2 both have it.

3. carlot

carlot Guest

[​IMG]

My model of the card is ATI RADEON X300 SE PCI EXPRESS
    My card does support video input.

Is Dscaler a good software for ps2 playing

4. turkey

turkey Regular member

couple of things:

first, i have never tried Dscaler, so i don't feel qualified to comment on it. however, if you are having trouble getting the video input to work you might want to try VirtualVCR just to see.

second, you mentioned your card was made by Powercolor. but the picture you have provided looks like an ATI card. perhaps there is some confusion here...

third, the picture also clearly shows a card without a video capture chip. you can see a large empty green rectangle nearest to the video in/out port; there should be a capture chip there instead. the picture is not of a card with VIVO capability. the card probably only has video out capability. that is not to say that the card you have installed is not VIVO but again there appears to be some confusion here...

fourth, please provide a link to your video card's product website so we can offer better suggestions to your problem.

5. carlot

carlot Guest

sorry maybe i was wrong

heres the website to check on the graphics card

[bold]http://www.computerstop.com/asp/product.asp?product=3919&cat=222&ph=cat&keywords=&recor=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=[/bold]

on virtual VCR when i double click on the icon and it loads, it says that there was no video capture hardware.
    that means my card is a video output only.

6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

sorry, carlot, but that card only has a tv-out. you see, under the specs, where it says "TV TUNER" and then "N/A." no tuner (and therefore, tv-in port) on that card at all.

7. Minion

Minion Senior member

carlot :For your Card to be able to Capture Video it would Have had to have been either a "VIVO" model or an "All In Wonder" Model which yours isn"t ,All you have is a TV-Out...

If you want to Capture Video you can Find a Cheapo PCI Capture Card Like the One I have For about $30-$40 and it works Pretty well as Long as you have a Fast enough PC with a Lot of Drive Space and the Proper Capture Software...

Cheers