1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking For Technical Audio Opinions On This Program

Discussion in 'Audio' started by venomX05, Apr 1, 2005.

1. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey all,

For the last couple of days, I have been searching through EVERYONE nook and cranny, to find a program that will take video game music tracks off. Now I know there are some music files that you can take off the original cd itself. However, I have the game called Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, the classical score in that game is TOP NOTCH. I would also like to get game music off other console games.

Now, I know you can get them off emulation games, and you can download remixes of the songs, but I am kinda looking for the original tracks off the cd themselves.

So one day, I found this:

http://bim.km.ru/gap/view.asp?id={039D5BBB-8B77-4930-8859-1C48806E663C}

Well, I was surprised at this one. However, I really don't think it works right. Although it might be another PEBKAC issue! LOL!!! ;)

So my question is this. Instead of going this route, and this one too:

http://gamemusic.emugaming.com/tutorial_ripping.php

I was wondering if there was a one type of player that would rip the music files from any video game cd.

I honestly don't mind to do the work, just wanted to see if there was a program out there that can do all of it for both console and pc games.

Thanks for the input!

;)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2005
  2. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

Try GCFscape

Google for it, lots of game sites have it

:eek:)

3. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

I know it sounds stupid but. Have you used any p2p networks to try and see if someone has already ripped the music?

4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

i'm talking about ps2 games, since thats the only console i have.

some games bgms can be found nicely in a folder. if its adpcm you can decode it with
    bgm2wav gui.
    latest media player classic also have a decoder built in.

sometimes they archive it into a large chunk of file. so you need to seperate it. for this i use an hexeditor.
    don't know any automated tools though.

and if its not adpcm it may be in ss2 or something.
    so also get,
    mfaudio

goodluck

the worst thing i've encounter is that normal dvdrom will not read the disc.