1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost pallet load.

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by CrowDrivr, Jan 26, 2008.

1. CrowDrivr

CrowDrivr Member

I wonder if the guy in Reno Nevada who secured the last of the factory sealed Liteon LVW 5005 from the warehouse in Spain, has his for sale stock shrunken down, approaching very near to those very units now?

I bought one of his Ilo clones recently, very interesting guy!

2. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

CrowDrivr
    What Is meant by [ilo clone]?
    What unit did your purchase. Provide?
    What did you find interesting about this Guy?

3. CrowDrivr

CrowDrivr Member

ILO DVDR04, which is example of an early Lite-On 5005, the early ones are famous for being able to take the *full hack, i.e. disabling MV.

That ability will soon be gone forever on a new machine, as new examples in the 5005 family will be impossible to find.

Jim in Reno reminds of Indiana Jones, a cult hero searching the world for minty and new Lite-on rigs. Meanwhile back in Reno, he's busy on customer's repairs, mods, upgrades like cooling fans, replacement PC drives, etc.

4. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

The Ilo R04 or the RHD04 with HDD are liteon clones

I find most of the salesmen on ebay Have taken much advantage of the efforts of Many
    They give NO Credit for those efforts and Indicate That They Have developed the hack and have corrected the issues with these units. When they have done NOTHING, but take these efforts of others and sell it When Its FREE courtesy of those that did these a long time ago and posted on forums such as this.

I have read this and other such sales pitches on ebay. Lets just say, They are full of it.
    As was once said.
    There’s One Born Every Minute

PS
    I don’t have a problem with someone making a buck and doing work that others can’t
    It really bugs me when they Don’t give Credit for the efforts of others and sell you and others on the idea that they did it
    Indiana Jones and Cult Hero --- You’ve got to be some-ware out in left field

5. CrowDrivr

CrowDrivr Member

As far as installing upgraded hardware and software, Jim isn't doing what others can't, anybody can do that.

Providing they have a nice looking Lite-On or clone to begin with.

That's where great guys like Jim come into the picture, he has tracked down and rescued hundreds of these recorders, many of which would have been lost forever to us. Like me, who paid chump change of $160 to Jim for a mint recorder with upgraded hardware. Time is money, and I'm gratefull to Jim who saved me a bundle, considering what my time is worth.