1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lucky # Slevin

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hayden58, Feb 6, 2007.

1. hayden58

hayden58 Regular member

im currently trying to back up Lucky # Slevin, im trying to rip the MAIN MOVIE with Dvd Fab Decryptor. it keeps failing at 23%, the disk is slightly scratched (very slightly), but i watched the whole movie on my DVD Player without even 1 skip, so its not bad at all. any idea what my problem would be? i'm using version 3.0.7.2 which should be the newest one, and this movie isnt even really that new.

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

thier should be no problem with this movie, you might try cleaning the disk, or take the disk to your local video store and have the scratches on the disk buffed out, the price should be verry low maby no more thain $2.00, i backed this disk up with dvd shrink and dvd region + css free

3. hayden58

hayden58 Regular member

ANYONE USE DVD FAB DECRYPTOR ON IT? THAT IS THE ONLY RIPPER I HAVE USED SO FAR. I HAVE RIPIT4ME DOWNLOADED, BUT HAVE NEVER USED IT YET. ANYONE WANNA WALK ME THROUGH IT? YES YES I KNOW THERE ARE GUIDES, BUT ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED.

EDIT:sorry about the caps

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  4. rstoddard

rstoddard Guest

You don't even need a guide for RipIt4Me. It walks you right through it. There's the wizard mode and the one-click mode. If you're missing any of the software needed, it directs you where to download it. After that, it goes VERY smoothly. It hasn't failed me yet, even with the very new DVD's. I've also noticed that it updates quite frequently.

5. hayden58

hayden58 Regular member

im trying it right now, since dvd fab couldnt do it 3 times.
    all at 23% too.

6. hayden58

hayden58 Regular member

UPDATE:

using ripit4me there were errors too, and ripit4me said they were unprotected cells that had the errors, so it said it was probably dirty or stratched. and try cleaning it. which i will do next.

Question,
    i have another drive at home (my external burner) should i try ripping it with that? or would there be no difference from my dvd-rom in my computer?

Edit: UPDATE:
    rIPIT4ME WILL ONLY MAKE IT TO 58% AND KEEPS GETTING ERRORS. which appear to be disk related (dirty or scratched) anyone know what i can/cant do to try to clean it?
    are there any other programs i can try to back this up? the disk is REALLY not that scratched, it played in my home dvd player purfectly, and that usually notices the tiniest of scratches.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  7. rstoddard

rstoddard Guest

It could be the disk, or the drive might also be dirty. Clean the drive or try a different one. It doesn't sound like a software problem to me.

8. johnnyd54

johnnyd54 Regular member

IMO it is the dvd because the player is a lot more linent than the ripper which has to be perfect. If you have a dvd repair kit bufff that sucker or get a new one.

9. hayden58

hayden58 Regular member

i got all the way to 94% in this same drive, and it just stuck there. so i cancelled, took everything home, and tried my external dvd burner. (which i do all the burning with) and it flew right through, and did the whole thing no problem. guess my internal laptop dvd-rom is either more sensitive or dirty, but its weird, because i just ripped two other movies with that drive perfectly.

10. rstoddard

rstoddard Guest

Ohhhh, laptop! Never as good as a desktop, especially for stuff like that. I'm not saying they never work, but being a laptop, traveling around, etc., it has a much better chance of getting just plain dirty or damaged. Glad you got it solved.

11. hayden58

hayden58 Regular member

yes i realized that when available i will always rip with my external DVD instead of my internal laptop one from now on.