1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M3 DS Real

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by TopHat91, Jan 2, 2008.

1. TopHat91

TopHat91 Member

Hi.

I'm new to these forums and have gathered a lot of data on DS flashcarts and roms. Great site.

Now my question is, does the included microSD card reader read microSDHC cards as well? I ordered an A-Data 4gb microSDHC card from Newegg right after purchasing my M3 DS Real and started to wonder if I had to buy a separate card reader.

Thank you.

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

I doubt it is, but unfortunately I do not have an SDHC card to test. I have recently (about 2 hours ago) bought a 6GB SDHC card for my M3 so I can test the reader when it arrives, which will hopefully only be a couple of days

Most SDHC cards come with a reader so you might not have to buy another reader anyway.

EDIT: Just had a look at Newegg and it looks like the card you bought doesn't come with a reader. You might want to start looking for a cheap SDHC reader as I really doubt the one included with the M3 would work.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  3. TopHat91

TopHat91 Member

So regular microSD readers wont read microSDHC? I can't seem to find any microSDHC card readers from any of my local stores.

4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

You can buy a standard (not micro) SDHC reader and use that, your a-data card will come with an adapter to let you connect it to an SDHC reader.

The important part is the 'HC', anything that cannot read SDHC cards is useless, anything that can read SDHC or MicroSDHC is what you need (e.g this)

5. TopHat91

TopHat91 Member

Ok. Got it now. I'm gonna check again at my local stores to see if they have any of SDHC readers. Thanks for the help Mr.Hanky!

Edit: I called up my local store and the cheapest one is $27.99. Don't wanna spend that much, but it looks like I'm gonna have to...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  6. TopHat91

TopHat91 Member

Ok, well I got my M3 DS Real yesterday and I must say its pretty kick a$$. Anyway, the included card reader does in fact read microSDHC cards. Thanks for the help anyway though Mr.Hanky.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  7. silk42

silk42 Regular member

Not sure if it matters to anyone, but the included reader that I received with my R4 also reads my SDHC card. In fact, I use this reader as opposed to the one that came with the M3, because in my opinion, it's a better design.