1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M3 DS Simply Slot 1 Ready for Release!

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by mr_hanky, Dec 15, 2006.

1. kram101

kram101 Guest

Finaly have my DS Simply, I purchase 2, for both my daughters. Now the first thing i did was format the card (fat16) and copied the 1.02 firmware to the card.

The firmaware has the 2 normal NDP files in root, but rather than a folder called SHELL it has a folder call MOONSHE_ or something simliar. Now i left it as it is and put the DS Simply in my NDS.

When i booted, it said LOADING and it stayed on that screen for ages.

I tried the other card, with firmware 1.01 and it worked perfect.

I tried the other card once more and still got loading than a problem saying it cant read the TF Card.

I put it back into the comptuer to reformat with 1.01 firmware, and guess what, the card cant be read anymore.

Does this mean i have a faulty Micro SD Card, or did the new firmware stuff this up?

Help is appreciated.

2. Remora

Remora Member

I'm apparently software illiterate. Can someone please teach me how to properly set up my DS Simply? I have everything I need, yet I can't seem to get the games to upload properly. I enter the games menu, and try to load up Final Fantasy III. But the screen just turns white and stays white. Thanks in advance.

3. isaf

isaf Member

Sounds like the card is dead, have you tried another card reader.
    Don't know about anyone else but I have had 3 cards pack up on me after installing M3 softwear out of 15 cards. Don't know if this a fluke and have just had bad cards or is the software doing something. Has any body else had a similar problem or is it just me.

4. isaf

isaf Member

This has happened to me a few times, just format the card and start agian, following Mr hanky's guide and all should be OK.

5. PointGod

PointGod Regular member

the memory cards died??? the micro sd's? those arent exactly cheap.