1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M3 DS vs. R4 DS

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by S15NOB, Mar 26, 2007.

1. S15NOB

S15NOB Member

What is the differences between the two? what are the pros and cons? How much do each one cost and which would you recomend buying?
    thankyou

2. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

not much.

well i can list one difference to answer this part: r4 gets firmware updates earlier than m3.

r4+5$=m3 [usually]
    so if r4 is 40$, the m3 would be 45$ [usually they are about the prices listed just now]; and i would go with the r4 because it is cheaper. just buy from a reputable site no matter which you get. [btw, i have an m3!!!]

k byeez

3. S15NOB

S15NOB Member

ok thank you for you opinion. but which one is easier to work with. im not really a computer pperson so i dont want to get really teckish. which one now?

4. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

they are made by the same factory and therefore have little in terms of fundamental hardware differences (althoughthe hardware [nowadays] determines which one will go with which firmware). this also means they have little difference on the software front. all you do is install everything (drag a bunch of files/folders onto your microsd) and run it (just turn on the ds; hell, you don't even have to touch the screen at the health screen thing). adding new games [on either one] just means putting the game on the microsd and then turning on the ds and selecting the game from m3/r4's menu. just about every "device" out there for the ds can be easily operated by someone who's 12 (i'm saying that because a 12 year old [supposedly,] developed a homebrew app for the ds). i was too busy with pokemon back when i was 12, ahhh the good ol' days..... yet i still can't freakin catch em' all!!!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  5. iambert

iambert Member

I have both and I can tell you M3 Simply has a better built quality. Other than that, they are identical.

6. soonio

soonio Member

R4 DS and M3 Ds simply are kind of same, but the price are not only $5 different. I got my R4 from www.nxpgame.com by use coupon : a2007, only $35.99, that's much cheaper than m3 simply $45.

7. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

i really need to get paypal... time to open a bank account!