1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mac OS X Leopard on AMD Laptop

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by JoshyBoy, Feb 12, 2008.

1. JoshyBoy

JoshyBoy Regular member

hi, i have been a windows user for the past... well forever. I have had a good time with windows, but i absolutely love the new mac os x leopard. I currently have windows vista premium pre-installed on my new laptop, but i wanted to know if anyone can help me dual boot Windows Vista and Mac OS X Leopard. the only reason i want to keep vista is in case i really cant get the Mac os as i am not a computer os whizz. I read somewhere that it is possible but i couldnt find anywhere the file tehy said to have (Leopard for AMD ToH RCT). im not asking exactly where to find it, as im sure that would be breaking the rules, but maybe just a nudge in the right direction and some help would be excelent. Thanks Guys

Joshua :)

2. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I would search Cnet for "Mac on WINDOWS machine" they did a video tutorial on how to install it awhile ago..

Note: It would run as smooth as it would on mac hardware. you should expect it to be glitchy if you get it to work!

3. nutter2

nutter2 Member

I successfully installed Leopard 10.5.2 on my AMD Machine (Osx86), and it works flawlessly. Thanks to zephyroth and eddie11c for Leo4all.

http://mac.kbot.de

http://osx.kbot.de

^
    Amazing Resources for Osx86 (especially for AMD!)

4. onehanded

onehanded Regular member

MMX, SSE(1, 2, 3, 3S,), EM64T.dual core 1.8ghz,2gb ram
    That shows up with cpu-z
    I just have a standard vga graphics adaptor
    intel pentium e2160
    is this compatible?
    Does anyone know?
    Thanks in advance