1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MadDog MegaSTOR 7-in-1 16X DL error

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by jeramiahX, Mar 19, 2005.

1. jeramiahX

jeramiahX Member

This is just a heads up on anybody who has bought or is going to buy this Drive. The IDE controllers can only be set at PIO only on older computers because they are not equiped to handle high end optical devices. I went through hell trying to get this thing to work right. I think I got every error prompt possible. The way I fixed my problem was to put it in an external case and run it through a high speed USB port which is pretty standard today.

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Those mad dog burners where not recomended by the employees at CompUsa. I heard 6 of them say that they(mad dog burners) were crap and that just about everyone who bought one returned it. This was in december, and all the ones on the shelf looked like they had been opened. I've never tried or know anyone that has one of these burners, but thought if the employees themselves were talking people out of buying them they can't be that relialble.

3. jeramiahX

jeramiahX Member

since I went USB with it, it has worked great....

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Good deal.

5. tpw

tpw Member

I own the Madog 16x dvd DL Burner (which by the way is an NEC 3500A OEM) And I Love it. , In fact I prefer it over the new Pioneer DVR109 I had purchased.
    Fast reliable and very quiet. This unit gives me quality burns up to 16x on ty media with NO playback issues at all on any DVD player I have played in.The 2 year warranty is a nice piece of mind feature.

The pioneer buffer underun issues and media issues I was having really dissapointed me with the new offering from them ,I had previously owned a Pioneer 107D And it died after 11 months BUT pioneer did replace.

Well since I only paid 42.00 With tax total for the Mad dog 16x I feel it was a Super Deal.

Just my 2cents worht,
    TPW

6. tpw

tpw Member

I own the Madog 16x dvd DL Burner (which by the way is an NEC 3500A OEM) And I Love it. , In fact I prefer it over the new Pioneer DVR109 I had purchased.
    Fast reliable and very quiet. This unit gives me quality burns up to 16x on ty media with NO playback issues at all on any DVD player I have played in.The 2 year warranty is a nice piece of mind feature.

The pioneer buffer underun issues and media issues I was having really dissapointed me with the new offering from them ,I had previously owned a Pioneer 107D And it died after 11 months BUT pioneer did replace.

Well since I only paid 42.00 With tax total for the Mad dog 16x I feel it was a Super Deal.

Just my 2cents worth,
    TPW