1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make a Widescreen (640x272) movie on VCD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Sniper602, Apr 21, 2003.

1. Sniper602

Sniper602 Member

Hi there,

I try to make a widescreen movie in DivX format into a VCD but when ever it plays on my DVD player, it becomes stretched so it fits the whole screen. I was wondering if there is a program which can make it 352x240 and by adding the two black parts top the top and bottom of the screen. My DVD player always stretches the movie to fit the whole screen. Anyone got any suggestions?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Are you sure its just your dvd player doing this?? Because, if you encoded with Nero or TMPGEnc it may have stretched it automatically but you can stop that from happening!

3. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

whats the best setting you think dela? set TMPGEnc to fullscreen (keep aspect ratio)

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I would also suggest to use the 'clip frame' TMPGenc advanced setting to cut the movie on left-right (clipping at least 50 units each side). You'll lose that part of the screen, but you'll prevent your VCD from being too asymmetrical.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2003
  5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Yes, full screen (keep aspect ratio) will keep the movie in widescreen :).

Sniper602, you will be able to change that by clicking setting - advanced tab. It will be video arrange method!

6. Sniper602

Sniper602 Member

Hi,

Yes, I tried Full Screen (Keep Aspect Ratio) and it did keep it widescreen but it still doesn't have the top and bottom parts. My DVD player automatically makes the movie fit the whole screen regardless if what size it is.
    However, I did try to make it Center (Custom Size) and made it 352 x 134 pixels. This time it did make it fit into a 352 x 240 VCD compatible MPG file and it also had the top and bottom parts. I'm just wondering if there is a better way to make it like that without me having to change the pixels.