1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make MPEG 2 Or AVI Ready For Premiere Pro

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by NuckNFuts, Mar 4, 2007.

1. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

Premiere Pro doesn't seam to like MPEG for editing. and I don't have a firewire capible capture device to transfer my Cable DVR recordings to PC. The need to import a Pinnicle USB710 device but can capture as DV. But for all the early transfers I made I used DVD quality MPEG2 5.1 encodings to HDD. I now want to clip out extra footage like commercials and lead in and outs. What is the best software to convert these files over without loosing any quality for better use in Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0?

2. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

K, thankx, lookin into it. Also, is there any app out there to simply convert and or jest edit a video file (saving changes to origional) as like changing an MP3 in Adobe Audition? If not, what is the fastest method 9what app) to just clip here and there, change thumbnail image and save to new file?

3. skyhaha

skyhaha Member

Fast and Simple? I think it should be winavi.

4. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

K, I did later download and instal, but id did not support the MPEG2 file I tryed to open with. I am using XP x64, but it did confirm install and open, just couldnt load the movie files I wanted. Is there another for MPEG1/2/4 to AVI?