1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media Player Classic and Audio Switcher

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Gswiss, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Gswiss

Gswiss Member

I get no reaction at all from Media Player Classic 6.4.8.4 when I try to read mpg or avi files on my pc. It just hangs a long time before displaying "Audio Switcher::Out" . Stream 1, MPEG-1 Audio Decoder, Audio Switcher... When I close the window, the mpg video runs.

I loaded kazaa lite codec pack 246f but there was no improvement. When I try using Windows Media Player on these same files, I get the Microsoft error message asking me if I want to send the error log to Microsoft.

No problem using PowerDVD to read video dvd's. When I try to use Media Player classic on the same DVD, exactly the same thing happens as with mpg except that instead of running the movie, it displays the message "Failed to render some of the pins of the DVD nav"

Should the codec pack be loaded to a specific folder?

2. Gswiss

Gswiss Member

SInce nobody answered, I restored a previously saved Windows 2000 environment and now everything works fine. The original problem remains a mystery.

3. ejoggerz

ejoggerz Member

well that is great now i get that problem.
    can anyone help me?

4. ejoggerz

ejoggerz Member

forget that...

i restarted my computer and it fixed itself.

oh well...