1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

memorex [ricoh]??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bulldog12, Nov 13, 2004.

1. bulldog12

bulldog12 Member

hey all,
    i have dvd identifier to check my media, i put in a memorex dvd & it said,
    manufacture ID (RicohJPN)
    " " name Ricoh company ltd.
    media type ID (R01)
    product revision (002)
    iv heard tha memorex is real crappy media.
    what do you make of this? also heard ritek ridata go4 is good, but will it work with my (oem) burner from dell nec dvd+rw nd-2100ad[fw 104e]

2. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

ppl round here dont like memorex because one week you get ricoh, the next week you get crap.
    As long as you purchase +r/rw discs you shouldnt have a problem with your drive

3. zippyd

zippyd Active member

the ricoh id indicates that you got lucky and got a good batch of memorex this time. the reason people stay away from memorex is because not all of the companies they use to supply their discs are good quality manufacturers. So instead of gambling on what they will get from memorex they buy something like ritek or verbatim.

4. bulldog12

bulldog12 Member

so does this mean these are good ,also i bought 50 of them,does that mean all 50 are going to be ricoh.igot a hell of a deal on them @ office depot ,spindle of them were $29.95 & they were buy 1 get 1 free so i got 50 for $31.30

5. zippyd

zippyd Active member

From my experience, anything with the Ricoh JPN RO1 ID has been perfect for me, and from others that I've seen post results in the forum.
    As long as they are all in the same spindle or pack, then they should have the same ID. If your 50 is multiple packs then it is possible that one pack may be of a different manufacturer.
    The following link is a pretty good reference for manufacturer ID codes and quality.....
    http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

6. bulldog12

bulldog12 Member

thanks alot