1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory card saga....

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by johnsw, Apr 12, 2007.

1. johnsw

johnsw Member

I had a JPN GC with a JPN mem card and have plenty of US/PAL game saves on there. I have now returned to the UK and tried the mem card on my PAL GC but it is not recognising the card. It says that it needs to be formatted first. I was under the impression that if you tried to save JPN games along with PAL/USA games then it would format the card, but since I am playing the same games,with the same card, but merely on a different region system why is this happening? Should it be happening? Any help appreciated...

2. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

are you using freeloader? this happened to me too. but regardless of what you are using what i say should still apply. be it freeloader or other.

freeloader forces different region games to play on w/e region console. the saves are formatted in the same region as the console also.

so, what is happening is that the save format is wrong for your console, because the saves were being forced/re-formatted on regardless of region.

i have a ntsc-us gc. i tried the jap/us gc mod which allows me to turn my us cube into a jap one. i had previously been playing naruto: gekitou ninja taisen! 4 on it with freeloader. my memory card that i was using had jap/us saves on it. when i tried the same game/mem card on my jap-switched gc it told me [rather, i assumed, since i can't read japanese...] that the memory card was the wrong region format. i went to see what the problem was under the gamecube's mc management screen, and sure enough it had some kinda problem. so i formatted the card to see what would happen [in jap mode]. i then switched to us mode and the memory card was not recognized under the jap format and asked if i wanted to format it. so yeah, in length, there's what happened.

3. johnsw

johnsw Member

Hey thanks for the reply. Appreciate it.

I'm using Qoob Pro. It's just gonna be a biatch to lose 30 hours of Zelda, all my mercenary scores in RE4 and countless other games. It was a 1016 block mem card or whatever the exact number is and it was pretty much full so you can imagine how many hours of gameplay is gon go down the drain. But oh well, if it can't be helped then it can't be helped. Thanks once again!