1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Menu Functionality with Shrink Re-Authoring?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by F43, Feb 13, 2005.

1. F43

F43 Member

Hello :)

OK, I have gotten to the point where I am making successful burns everytime with my (Japan) Fuji DVD-R disks...and yes, they are even playing perfectly on my standalone player, yeah! BTW, using Shrink/Decrypter.

OK, here's my problem. I am backing up some large disks, 7.5 to 8.5 GB. I prefer to put the main movie on 1 disk and all of the extras on a second disk (still galleries, documentaries etc. Naturally 2 disks allow me to do this with VERY little or no compression :)

Here's my question, how do I retain functional 'Menus' while splitting the movie into 2 disks? I simple want disk 1 to start with it's navigation menu and when I click 'play movie' it does so? And then disk 2 with the extras, I want the menu to appear again but hope the sections navigating to the extras can lead me there? I don't care it there are menu options that don't work on the respective disks, I just want to avoid something very annoying that happens: I get a disk that has 40-50 'titles', many titles for still frames of the 'menu' sequence :(

Any advice on Shrink settings, file structure etc? BTW, when I 're-author' there are 3 main sections: 1: Menus 2) Main Movie (sometimes an extra title) 3) Extras.

Thanks for ANY help, Regards :)

2. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

i Have not tried this but it should work. dIsc one re-author menu + main movie. dIsc two menu + extras.

iF you just put the main movie on the disc, why the menu? fOr sound, screen and caption options?

3. karen2003

karen2003 Regular member

Normally with re-authoring you DO lose menus. Here's something you might try. Shrink now has a "still image" option (I use it especially when backing up DVDs that have both the widescreen and full-screen version of the same movie -- I always just want the widescreen). On your movie disc, choose "still image" for the extras. On your "extras" disc, choose "still image" for the movie. This way you should still have menus, as far as I know (at least that's how it works with making a FS version of a movie a "still image" and I assume the same principle applies in your case).

Let us know if you need more info!