1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

merging partitions from linux to windows

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by hehh, Feb 4, 2008.

1. hehh

hehh Member

Hi there. I have a laptop with dual boot, one for linux and one for windows xp. I made 3 partitions for linux: swap, root and files, and there are two partitions for windows: c and d for program files and general files. Now I want to sell the laptop but the buyer want me to undo the linux installation and I need to merge the three partitions in linux changing the file system to fat32 in order to merge it with the C partition and re-install windows xp in C with D for files as it was. Could any body hell me in doing it? I have acronis disk director suite 10 but I could use whatever is best. Thanks

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Why not just delete the Linux partitions and enlarge the Windows C and D ones to fill the (now) empty space?

3. hehh

hehh Member

Of course, the question is how! My problem is if the software I've got is enough for the job, for example, once installed in windows is it capable of recognized the linux partitions and will be able to delete them and resize the space left, all within windows.

4. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Why don't you read the documentation for Acronis Disk Director Suite?

5. banditxkr

banditxkr Member

try Norton Partition Magic, its magical and very easy to use.