1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Cirsinn, Jun 26, 2003.

1. Cirsinn

Cirsinn Member

Hi,

I"m getting this message....Can't load P3 Package.dll when I go to encode an avi file.

What's wrong? I haven't used TMPGE in a few weeks...could there be something wrong??

Cirsinn

2. hckyman42

hckyman42 Member

no. that has happened to me as well as a million other people. you basically need a codec that tmpgenc offers and u can download it off their website. Or you can get a windows media codec and download it offer their website.

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Are you opening it from a shortcut on your desktop or something? If so, dont!! Go to the folder tmpgenc is in and run the exe file!

4. Cirsinn

Cirsinn Member

I have divx codec...always did.....and my tmpge encoder always worked....why now do I have problems though?? You say download a codec...which one?? From the tmpge website..I don't see anywhere where it says download a codec.

Yeah, I"m opening my winzip and running the exe file.

Anything else I should be on the lookout for?

Thanks,
    Cirsinn

5. Cirsinn

Cirsinn Member

HI, me again....just checked to see what I have in the line of codecs..I have the divx mpeg4 codec. I had it a while now. So, what other codec is it I need?? I also have an AC3 filter...and divx pro codec player....

I don't understand why though the tmpge is all of a sudden not working. Unless with my windows xp updates something happened....

6. Cirsinn

Cirsinn Member

JUst downloaded the latest video codec for windows media....didn't help....now what?

7. Cirsinn

Cirsinn Member

Also have the nimo codecs pack v5.0......

8. Cirsinn

Cirsinn Member

EEK!!!!! Feel stupid now...hehhe...I should have known better..my cousin was at my computer last weekend..he is a computer wiz and likes to play with my settings...I could kill him. Anyhow, winzip was opening up in classic interface mode and not wizard...somehow this has made the difference as now the tmpge encoder is up and running again...go figure!!!

Sorry for bugging you guys with this post...I was honestly stuped there for awhile thinking I did something to my encoder. Anyhow, I really appreciate you guys taking the time to read these posts and posting your solutions....

I love this site....and Has learned a lot from it.

Thanks again...

Cirsinn

9. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

It's no problem, i would have told you to unzip yesterday but I was at a concert :D