1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini DV Player

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by HGF, Oct 22, 2003.

1. HGF

HGF Guest

I have posted this same question on the Adobe forum, I just hope there may be a few answers her as well.
    Does anyone know if there is a munufacturer of Mini DV players that just play mini dv's and that can be fitted into one of the 5 1/4" drive bays on a PC. I Know Sony made one a few years ago, but at a $1000 dollars, I am not surprised they did'nt sell many.

It would be so handy and save wear and tear on your DV camera to have this.

I would have thought that given the low price of DV cameras these days it would be possible to mount the guts of a camera minus the lnse, ccd etc into a drive bay and just have it as a player with the advantage of not having any wires trailing all over the place.

2. alxdotnet

alxdotnet Guest

Not exactly sure if anything like this is sold. Most MiniDV camcorders can transmit video via Firewire (IEEE 1394) and those cards are cheap ($30-$50, and $40 cable). If your computer supports composite video in you can also connect the yellow/white/red from the camera and capture the video that way.