1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mirror BD-R 25GB Media

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by bartbutt, Oct 30, 2009.

1. bartbutt

bartbutt Member

I have always sucessfully encoded my Blurays with BD-RB and burnt to dual layer no probs using ImGBurn.Perfect everytime. Tried burning to a Mirror BD-R 25GB and my Pioneer BD-RW BDR202 keeps coming back with 'Incompatible Medium Installed'. Am I doing sonething wrong. Gave me this error when set to burn automatically and gives it me when I do it myself selecting the BDMV and Cerificate files as usual. Anyone else had this prob, is it just this media.

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

You'd probably be best sticking to your normal media, the error message is self explanatory, the burner's firmware doesn't recognise the Mirror disc.
    I don't yet use Bluray myself so you'll have to wait for a reply for a Bluray user who can hopefully can confirm whether there's any newer firmware for you BDR202 (to enable it to recognise and thus use Mirror discs). But as i say you'd probably be best sticking to your usual discs.

3. bartbutt

bartbutt Member

Seems your spot on, Ive dug well deep and yes my BDR just simply doesent support this media, shame as damn good price at the mo for full face 25gb BD-R media. Decided to err on the side of caution and purchase a sample pack so as to ascertain what and whatnot it supports. Thankyou for your input it is greatly appreciated.Be well.