1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

missing part of file when converting

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by nitram22, Feb 22, 2005.

1. nitram22

nitram22 Member

i converted 4 vob files to mpeg. i now have 4 mpeg files next i import them into adobe premiere pro and sequence them. then i play the timeline with the video, as it get to the end of one mpeg and starts the next there is time missing on either the end of the first or the beginning of the next. basically the video seems to skip ahead a few seconds.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  3. nitram22

nitram22 Member

that is not exactly what i want to do. i have a concert recorded with a camcorder thus the sound sucks but i also have a cd wich was recorded at the same show. i dont actually have the camcorder tape but i have a vhs tape which i transfered to dvd on my home system. now i want to use the video(which needs to be avi or mpeg)and use the music cd and edit them together with premiere pro.

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

You need to transfer the sound stream in an uncompressed form (10.1 MB per minute. If you have Exact Audio Copy you can use Tool___Uncompress to transfer the sound (I guess it is .MP3) into an uncompressed .WAV.
    Later, you'll load the .WAV as 'audio input', if you convert the video to .MPG with TMPGenc, or, if you want to make an .AVI:
    1) transform whe .WAV to 'MP2 for SVCD' with BeSweet (+ BeSweet GUI) and
    2) load the file with VirtualDubMod do Stream__Stream List__delete the audio stream you don't want, do Stream__Stream List__Add the .MP2 sound stream to the file, and File__Save (Video__Direct Stream Copy if the video is already AVI compressed, otherwise Video__Full Processing Mode and a choice of codec if you need to compress the video.
    Ah, the uncompressed .WAV stream can also, with a little patience, be edited by EAC, if you want to insert a silence at a certain point to make the sound be in sync with the video. The only problem is that saving a 1.2 GB file (EAC has also the option 'Undo' therefore it does it twice) is a little long...

Last edited: Feb 24, 2005
  5. nitram22

nitram22 Member

i`m a little confused with all this, dont get me wrong i really do appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions, but i am using adobe premiere pro to edit my video and audio together. what im having trouble with right now is that my MPEG files were originally VOB and now they they have been converted they seem incomplete. but as it turns out i dont use the clips at the beginning or the end of each file so it really doesnt matter, only in future use will it matter. i assume i will need help with bit rates and codecs when the time come to convert my video back from adobe premiere into a working dvd, so ìll post another at that time.