1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing the Old Days

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by BluRay, Dec 27, 2011.

1. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

It's been so long! Wow.

I don't know how many years since my last post, but I certainly missed this place. I love the writing area for forum posts, AfterDawn kept it simple.

Forgot how much I used to love posting on this forum (I was a little dumb back then, some would argue I still am).

Hahahaha, I just thought I'd post something in here for 2011, before it comes to an end. I am looking to get back on the AD Forums. Missed it. Learnt a lot from this little old place.

It's been 6 years since I joined, wow. Well nearly 6, I think.

Oh and since that time Blu-ray won the format war! Yepeeeee!

I wonder what else has happened in the past 6 years? Anyone seen the_fiend around? He did banned but maybe he uses another nick? Oh and Rav009 where you at? Remember me? I was your best friend, lol just kidding. But I can be if you want me to be.

Anyhow, thanks for reading, I was just blabbering on.
    ...... Still going on...

Tc all.

Hey ddp, I remember how you helped me with my DVD drive a long time ago and helped me speed up the write speed, thanks for that. Also I remember how ddp doesn't stand for anything it's just really (dee dee pii). Another poster and I used to think it stood for Diamond Da... You get the point.

Anyways thanks for reading, again.

Tc for now.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  2. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

Six years is considered old days? I've been a member of THF since the early '90's. :)

Welcome back and don't be a stranger.

Jeff

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

hello BluRay.

4. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

Hey ddp.

Hey Jeff, I won't be a stranger, hopefully.

It's old days for me, being relatively young. Well atleast I think I still count as young.

For some reason I get the feeling I should know what THF stands for. But I am going to follow the advice of a friend who said it was the advice of a Chinese man from a long time ago.

"Better to be a fool for five minutes, than a fool forever."

Maybe it was Confucius who said it. Of course a Google search might reveal to me the answer. But then I don't get to tell you that my friend told me it.

As for THF, I did google that, it just turned up The Hockey Forum, and on there they say they've been around since 2000, not the early 90s.

So here's to my five minutes of foolishness "What is THF?".

I could have just asked that a few lines up, but then I wouldn't get to write all that I did. And I wouldn't get to teach any school goers reading this that it's okay to ask questions in class... And have people laugh at you at the same time. I did it all the time. Just kidding.

I am going to look at this post later on in the evening, and I know I am going to probably slap my forehead thinking what was I typing. But it seems like a good idea right now that I'm sleepy.

Edit

It turns out that it's a Chinese proverb, and it turns out that is what my friend said a long time ago, a Chinese proverb. I don't think he said that a Chinese guy from a long time ago said it. I made that part up to fill in the memory gap.

The wording is also different.

"He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever." - Chinese Proverb

I think I found my new signature. It's fitting especially for a forum.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  5. john179

john179 Active member

I love AD myself but hardly visit these days as most of the old gang have long gone.Ive been a member nine years and recieved alot of help over the years and hope to have given a little back over the years. AD is a great community long live AD one down side for me is i prefered the old lay out of the site but that's just me. Long live AD and all it's members.

6. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

hhmmm i remember the internet in the late 90s.using a 486 processor(i think) and a dial up connection which crashed the computer every 10minutes.

as for the layout i still get confused cause the topics seem to be in a wrong place or maybe i got too used to the old layout (cant teach an old dog new tricks).

as for the posters still get newbies asking the same old questions.still get spammers.

and last hi everyone im still around sometimes.