1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misumi/Infodisc and Nero CD Speed

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by mr_lemon, Apr 28, 2003.

1. mr_lemon

mr_lemon Member

I just bought a 50 spindle of Mitsumi 1-48x CD-R's. The Cd Info is as follows.

Manufacturer : Infodisc
    Code : 97m25s35f
    Disc Type : CD-R
    Usage : General
    Recording Layer : Dye Type 5: Short Strategy (Phthalocyanine)
    Recording Speed : n/a
    Capacity : 79:59.74
    703 MB
    Additional Capacity : n/a
    Overburn Capacity : not tested

These disks stink, and I mean they are REALLY SMELLY. They smell like paint or most likly the coating on the label side. The first disk on the spindle was STUCK too the clear(throw away) protection disk. That clear disk was really dirty too.

I then ran CD Speed Transfer tests with my LG 8400B burner, on randomly selected CD-R's from the spindle. None of them averaged better then 29x over all. Mostly, it would spin up to around 32X then take a dive and stay around 24ish or lower. They do not meet the 48x write speed it seems.

Does Nero CD Speed indicate over all write quality? Is there an compatibility issue with my LG 8400B and the Mitsumi/Infodisc CD-R's?

I have had HP and FUJI Film(TY) CD-R's excide there speed rating with my current burner. IN Nero CD SPeed, the HP and Fuji discs would just climb steadily up to 32x or 40x then level out till the end of the disc.

I will now go back to Futureshop (in canada) and see if they will refund my money. I do not trust these Mitsumi/Infodisc CD-R's with my data.

TOM...

2. ridah100

ridah100 Member

Yeah, these cd-rs suck. but when i used cd speed. the manufacturer was Princo, i'll put up info later on.

But have same issues. When i took off the lid, the discs smell real bad. the first few discs, were aiight (at the time, i didn't use CD Speed to check discs) and then my burns started to be unreadable(burnt at 4x cuz only had a 8x burner). and i thought my burner was the problem so i went out and bought a 48x burner, and the discs had lots of errors.

The only reason i bought it, was because i thought it was Mitsui, and when i took a closer look at the packaging at home, it was mitsumi.

was bought at futureshop too