1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mmmmm, beer...

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Liquid86, Jul 6, 2003.

1. Liquid86

Liquid86 Guest

Hey everyone, to celebrate my return to the AD forums, i'm drinking lots of beer? whats your favorite?

2. Bladestor

Bladestor Member

NONE! I dont drink and never will !

3. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Palm, Geuze, and a few other Belgium Beers

4. InCanada

InCanada Member

It's always
    beer
    beer
    beer
    beer
    BEER !
    Dammit. I'm alergic to beer.(Hereditary)
    When will a similiarly priced alternative that isn't to effeminate be available. (I just can't bring myself to ask for a `spritzer' thanks !)
    I mean, all the rum&coke is starting to rot my guts after 30+ years.
    Whiskey gives me the shakes, I gave up on gin after that time I woke up at the porcelain alter with someone peeing on my head, vodka is great but sneeky ( but I was feelin' fine till I stood up...) and all these COST MORE !
    So what's a poor wretch like me to do ?

5. Liquid86

Liquid86 Guest

My good man, we like to call the solution to your problem Mike's Hard Lemonade,mmmmmmm-GOOD! There is a TON of these new fad beverages out there for ya that are nothing close to a spritzer, Try some Smirnoff Ice or a Bacardi o3!

6. mhoope02

mhoope02 Member

Belgium stuff : Piraat, Kasteel, Gulden Draak, Chimay Blue etc,... (vaguely in the order)

7. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Beer? why would you want to destroy your tongue on that stuff.
    If forced to drink beer, I will go Killkenny (spelling all wrong oh well), but if you can see though your beer you should not drink it.
    Whiskey is good, but can't really socialize with it in a bar. InCanada, cheap and not so bad is Strongbow. It not too sweet, Cider that is really good. I prefer Brandy, Whiskey and Rye, but way too expensive in a bar. You should go for a good Cider if must avoid beer (as you should anyway).

8. InCanada

InCanada Member

As much as I enjoy the hard lemon-aid I will point out that a 4 pack is slightly more that a 6 pack of beer. And while the alcohol content is higher as well, the idea is to have some cool soothing beverages while enjoying social activities. Maybe it's my age, but getting plastered in the sun while tossing the ball or whatever just isn't as much fun as it was 10+ years ago. And the stupid injuries take a lot longer to heal.
    Now I have had a lot of experience making my own hard lemon-aid, which is quite enjoyed by all at a much more reasonable cost, but it's not so easy to make a large batch for a group. (I just don't have a huge sealable container or a dedicated fridge to keep it in, and the last time I made several 2.4 litre jugs it was such a pain in the a..rear that it WAS THE LAST TIME that I made several 2.4 litre jugs.)

And, alas, my days of enjoying cider are also behind me. Seems that I developed a serious sensitivity to all apple based products. Maybe it was that I only drank apple juice and ate apples when I was younger. Or maybe it was the 5 years of drinking 12-24 apple ciders every weekend. But it seems like my body is saying that it had a lifetime worth of apple stuff and it will take NO MORE. So now if I have apple based something, the throat swells shut and I get to turn different colors. Sure it can be entertaining to watch, but as it's a one-time only performance that culminates in me expiring before seeing the ending I think I just might skip it.
    And just about every cider IS apple based, even though they don't say it on the bottles or cases. Usually about 40-60% apple and then whatever other flavour. (Now peach and/or pear cider don't usually have much apple or at least I've been able to avoid a reaction but they are sweet ciders that leave your tongue feeling coated. Blech!)

9. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

InCanada
    Whats your hard lemonade recipe?
    To limit the number of litres you could always up the concentration of what ever alchol you add. A really good mix I had in High school was Lambs Amber Rum with Tropicana Orange juice with bannana and Kiwi flavours. That was really good, Just mix to taste (4 5ths rum, 1 5th juice) I was almost an alcholic back then.

10. princy1

princy1 Guest

Stella Artois, "reassuringly expensive" as they say, and is the nectar of the gods :)

11. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Stella Artois....hmmmmm......I have 124 imported bottles from Belgium sitting in my garage. plus i have 20 bottles in the fridge. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE stella. I like Kronenburg 64 and Guiness too. I'll drink Harp piss if its all thats there.

I also love Cuvee Dom Perignon 1990 Champagne - iv 2 bottles - they over £100 each

12. c7015

c7015 Regular member

best beers hmm they are all so good ..Canadian beer is the best next to mexican

but the best beer is found in mexico and not the stuff they import here
    dos equis beer

other or my favorites
    Bavaria -brazilian beer (tied for the best beer)

Molson Canadian
    MGD
    Sleemans

I dont understand how many of you dont like beer it is great to drink whenever and in whatever situation

13. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

c7015
    I am mazed that you but Molson Canadian as one of the better beers. I am Canadian, but I will not drink Canadian! I would put good beers as being from Germany, UK and Ireland. Some Irish stouts aren't bad.

14. c7015

c7015 Regular member

ya allot of people say that to as it isint the greatest tasting beer (i'll admit that) but I think that I like it allot because of the situations that I drink it In (sentimental value i guess...I dont knwo )

I think it is the same thing with dos equis I had it in cancun on march break and cancun was the best time of my life being drunk all the time and at first dos equis didnt taste that good but when you drink it and nothing elese for a week straight you love it

15. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Apart from guiness, brewed in my country, the best beer is Stella Artois. Anyone disagrees and ill hop on a train, bus, plane, boat, whatever and knock them out - ok??? lol

;-)

16. princy1

princy1 Guest

To be honest with you I agree about the Stella Oriphus, but if it makes you violent, you should leave it alone ;-)

17. InCanada

InCanada Member

Being of Irish heritage I guess I can get away with this...one of my favorites...

Why are the Irish always fighting the Irish ?

Because they can find no other worthy opponents.

And despite the allergies, a good glass of the Guiness is like nothing else. A real meal in a glass.

18. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I like it my canadian friend. We are warriors at heart lol.

19. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I have never had Stella, but tempted to say it suchs just to see if Oriphus holds up and flies to Canada. What is it like, a pale ale, thick as guinness or red like the original Richards Red. Richards was once good, now the new mass produced stuff sucks.

20. princy1

princy1 Guest

It's a straight, full strength lager. Now don't get me wrong, Guiness is up there with the best of them, I'm quite partial to the occasional session, but if you've never tried Stella I would advise you to go out and buy a pack of twenty four and get them down your neck in as short a time as possible. Trust me, you won't regret it. (Till the next morning)

;-)