1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobile Phone Tools Download

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by GeeDaddy, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andersg

andersg Regular member

How do you get the LiveUpdate thing to work?

Do you need a certain type of MPT for a E815? I have tried plugging in my phone then turning on MPT and it just stays on the connecting screen forever and I have tried turning on MPT then connecting my phone and it just goes to the clock thing and spins while it says "Please wait, your phone will be installed and setup" and it never tells me that it is setup. It just goes to the little phone in the corner and says that no modem is connected and next time I open MPT it asks me to instll my E815 all over again

When I finally did get it to recognize my phone it said "Your phone has been detected but not installed" and I had to select it from a list and it didn't have it listed

I am using MPT v3.1.1 does this version even support my phone?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2006
  2. achudnow

achudnow Member

Anyone have a clue as to why my MPT won't update from 3.33 to 4.04? The Live Update finishes the download but the install hangs aobut half way through. I've sucessfully used Live Update several times in the past with no problem.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2006
  3. achudnow

achudnow Member

Andersq, you can manually start the Live Update from the Menu --> Setup in MPT.

Hope that helps.

4. razor5455

razor5455 Member

I cant get Mobile phone tools to see Outlook 2003. I unistalled MPT and Office and then reinstalled and no luck. Any suggestions. I downloaded the latest version of Phone tools.

5. andersg

andersg Regular member

Thanks anyways but it turns out I had a "hacked" version of it. Now I got the retail one it and it worked perfectly and my phone is recognized as a E815m

Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
  6. FaisalCom

FaisalCom Member

@ motogal81

( MPT 3.23
    http://www.uploading.com/?get=SXANZEUX )

Dear can you upload some where Else where Resume Support ??
    or if any one have latest ver to 3.23 then just pm i'll told you where you can upload where resum supported........ !!1

Br

Faisal_Computer

7. gracebr

gracebr Member

Hi,

I just bought and downloaded the motorola mobile phone tools in order to connect my cell phone to the PC. It installed OK, it says it is "detecting" the device, seems to go through but in the end, it says it needs to redetect the device.

I am using WinXP SP2. What can I do to get this working?

Thanks.

8. rizzyc

rizzyc Member

WINXP SP2, MOTOROLA V400, AMD TURION 64 AND AMD PC NOT DETECTING MODEM CORRECTLY.
    I am having the same problem, i got the older version of MPT to work for a while and it transferred some photos, but after that I decided to update it and from the phone does not get detected. In control panel the modem shows up fine (MOTOROLA USB MODEM) on COM4 (which there is NO conflicts), and the hardware ID is
    "USB\Vid_22b8&Pid_4902&Rev_0001"
    but when I go to Query Modem, it says.
    "The modem failed to respond. Make sure it is properly turned on. If it is an internal modem and connected, verify the interrupt for the port is properly set."

I changed the text on the outer CLAM and I desperately need to change it back to the original because my cell phones speaker is no longer working and I bought a 2 year warranty, but if they see that on the clamshell they wont respect my warranty, so I need to urgently change it back.
    p.s. I have tried different versions of the program, but I believe the error lies in the drivers and not the programs. I have tried that Winxp driver thing from motomodders.net and it didnt make a difference. :(

Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
  9. rizzyc

rizzyc Member

after hours and hours of reading... NOTHING HELPED
    it turns out when I TURNED off the phone while it was connected it started asking for a bunch of drivers. Ha ha, P2Kman saved the day and I was able to connect to the phone and restore the clam display. PHEW, I bought a 2 year warranty and now I can get my cell phone fixed w/o worrying bout some internal programming which has nothing to do with the problem (cell's internal speaker is shot).
    Woo Hoo thanks to everyone...
    p.s. MPT is still not working properly but i dont care, my cell is fixed and i use p2kman to donwload all the pics and audio

10. jlavah

jlavah Regular member

fusk yeah!!!

11. nnigam

nnigam Guest

I am unable to get p2kman to work on my Razr from t-mobile? MPT works, but has limited functionality. I tried all the P2* but none seemd to recognize my phone either with a BT dongle, or the USB cable?

12. gracebr

gracebr Member

MPT didn't work for me... I don't know why but it doesn't want to detect my mobile phone... Any of you know what's to be used for Motorola V3 cell phones??

Thanks!

13. rizzyc

rizzyc Member

after my p2kman started working at i pointed my windows to all the drivers in the p2kman directory my MPT started magically working as well. Try having your phone connected to the comnputer and then turning it off while connected, that seems to spark something... I know its weird but its the only thing that worked for me.

14. gracebr

gracebr Member

You are right... I connected the phone to the computer while being off, then I started MPT and while it was detecting it, I turned on the phone and voilá it worked!

15. rizzyc

rizzyc Member

I guess that makes me a genius. :) lol
    But I cant believe after searching for literally HOURS on this forum no one ever mentioned turning off the cell phone as an idea possibilit. Well good luck with your mobile, it should work fine from now on, and you can use live update to get the newest version of MPT.

16. gracebr

gracebr Member

yeah I feel so stupid now... I paid $29 for the latest software thinking it would work (i already had the old version on my cd) blah... oh well, thanks again!

17. rizzyc

rizzyc Member

newbies helping newbies...
    Who would have thunk!

18. ecayres

ecayres Member

I've just installed mpt 4 for my v3 and it initialises forever it just wont do anything else.
    The drivers are correct, i've switched the phone off/on, rebooted but it still just wants to initialise only.
    Anyone can help me with this? Thanks

19. policfel

policfel Member

i have a question. when i open the flash and test commands in pst i have an error:searching wibu box, unable to load the user tool named
    flash prog. and one more:is there any other progra to download images from phone to pc except pst?i have mobile phone tools but there is no option to download images thanks

20. Mfearless

Mfearless Member

After a lot of reading, mailing and downloading I figured out that I needed BVRP 3.21 (or higher I guess?) to connect my Mitsubishi 430i to my computer.

I've tried several links in this forum and downloaded a lot of versions with a p2p program....but they all seem to be the Motorola versions. I just need the 'normal'(?)version of Mobile phone tools.

I had a version 2.0...but that one didn't update any further, live update said it was up to date...so getting to a 3.21 version didn't work out that way.

Getting kinda desperate now haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.