1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.MOD to .MPG

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Stinff, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Stinff

Stinff Member

Hello all,,,

Okay, here is what I've done. I have a JVC Everio. I've taken video footage with it, that I want on my PC.

I've connected the Cam, copy & pasted the file I want to My Documents folder (MOV044.MOD & MOV044.MOI). Not sure if I needed the .MOI but I copied it anyway.

I then converted the .MOD to .MPG, and I was able to view it. Once I unhooked my USB cable from the cam, and tried to watch the file again, it would NOT load. What am I doing wrong. I just want to post a video on www.youtube.com

Please, can anyone help me. This camera is frusterating..

2. smushtaq

smushtaq Member

Hi,
    I have a JVC Everio camcorder as well. I connected it to my computer, running WinXP Pro, via USB cable and was able to see the files on the camcorder. The files are in .MOI and .MOD format. I don't have the JVC software so I copied them to my hdd and changed the extension of the .MOD files to .MPG. Once I did this, I was able to play the video in Windows Media Player. however when I try to use Windows Movie maker to record a movie, it says that the file is corrupt or in an unrecognized format. I would appreciate any help on this ...
    Shahab

3. XMP2K5

XMP2K5 Member

You don't need the moi files. You only need the mod files.