1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod XENIUM ICE how do I burn XBox games to DVD-+R

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by dezmenart, Dec 21, 2004.

1. dezmenart

dezmenart Member

I have a modded XBox with XENIUM ICE. How do I backup my games to a DVD-r/DVD+r. Please tell me if you know. I want to know from someone who has tried it and was Successful. THANKS!

2. Sincere63

Sincere63 Guest

i wouldn't suggest putting them on a DVD+R cause the xbox is real picky about that. Stick wit the DVD-R. i use memorex but you'll see many people suggest differnt ones. now onto how you do about doing it. this is what i use and how i do it.
    you need to download craxtion 4. it's an xbox iso making program. there are others out there. once you have this you will need to have your xbox connected to your computer. once you do you need to have craxtion link up wit your xbox. which is simple since it says add xbox in the bottom left hand window in the craxtion program. once there, just put in your boxes IP address. now that you have that done, just put the game in the xbox and choose to rip from cd on craxtion. this will take it into files on your computer. once this is done, just choose to create iso on craxtion and pick the folder that the game is in. be sure to choose the folder and not the ones in it!!! it'll patch the game for you and then you just create it. next you have to use nero, alcohol120% or some kind of burning program that does images. bring up nero and goto burn image and now choose the games iso that you just created and you are done. get the game out and start playing. now sometimes the game is to large for a normal dvd so you have to delete some files. i forget which ones that are, but i know you can get rid of the dashupate ones and also xbox live file.
    hope this helos you out

3. dezmenart

dezmenart Member

I have not tried anything yet, But do I have to read the game from the XBox hard drive or do I read it from the XBox CD Drive. If I have anymore questions can I ask you. Im new to XBox Ive been burning PS2 games for PS2 modded system.

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

You can actually do both. You could upload your games to your Xbox, but that's only good if you have a big hd in your xbox.

5. dezmenart

dezmenart Member

I read something about a dummy file. Do you know anything about this.

6. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Yes.

There is actually a program called dummyfile, but generally a dummy file is a like a file, generally about at least 50 megabytes or more, that you place in your Evox folder when making a Evox Boot disc. Xbox DVD ROM drives have a hard time reading discs with low capacity, so using a dummy file could less reduce the possiblility of rejection, especially on a Thompson drive.

7. dezmenart

dezmenart Member

where can I get EvoX from?

8. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Last edited: Dec 21, 2004
  9. andrewhin

andrewhin Member

does that mean when u rip the files from ur xbox(when game is in the xbox) drive to ur pc u dont need flashfxp, u can just use craxtion 4 for the transfering and creating iso
    thanks for ur help
    andrew

10. Sincere63

Sincere63 Guest

this does mean that you don't need flashfxp...you'll only need flashfxp when you get on xbins...otherwise the best way to get the files from xbox to pc is by craxtion. i never have had a problem wit the files transferring this way, but have had problems wit flashfxp freezing up while transferring

11. andrewhin

andrewhin Member

whats xbins?