1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modchip memory size

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by JayGo, Jul 13, 2003.

1. JayGo

JayGo Member

Hi. I am about to install a solderless modchip on my xbox. I was about to go for Matrix until I found out that it only had half the size of the xecutetor 2's flash rom. How critical is the size of the rom? Did anyone using matrix encounter any problem because of the smaller memory size? Also, is Matrix chip capable of HDD upgrade? I looked at couple sites that sell matrix, but none of them states this chip supports HDD upgrade. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

wassup, some info on the matrix mod chip:

-solderless mod chip
    -requires 256kb bios files
    -allows for hd install, backup, run unsigned code (homebrew apps and games, eg xbox mediaplayer 2.4, etc)
    -flashable bios through evolution x dashboard

as for bios files, i don't htink it matters; i have a matrix and can do all i need to with it:
    backup games, play games from hd, replaced hd, etc..

hope that gives ya a start!
    peace
    seamonkey420

3. ModMaster

ModMaster Member

Yeah it definitely supports the hard drive upgrade and a bit more on the ROM size thing. Most bios's are 256K. The reason for the bigger ROM size eg 512K or 1MB is so you can have multiple bios's. 2 for a 512k and 4 for a 1MB. Or just devkit which is 512k. Basically it doesn't really matter though. All your stuff will work if you just flash it with the latest bios on it's own.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2003
  4. JayGo

JayGo Member

Thank you guys so much for fast and friendly response. :)