1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modded XBOX'S Frying??

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by thebxplya, Nov 30, 2004.

1. thebxplya

thebxplya Guest

I was thinking of modding my x box and I was talking to some friends and they told me that some of them are frying after being modded. Have any of you heard of this??

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Biggest load of crap EVER!

3. pvt213

pvt213 Member

ive heard stories of v1.6 xboxs running warmer after being modded. cant remember how it went but apparently microsoft changed something on the board to prevent certain methods of modding (tsop i think). i also heard theres something u can get to prevent this.
    As u can tell im really unsure about the whole thing but ill post more if i come across it again

4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

no tsop on the 1.6 and the only thing I can think of that would make the xbox become warmer after modding is a larger hdd.

5. thebxplya

thebxplya Guest

Well I just got my xbox a month ago and I dont want to fry it this soon. Thanks for the help!! If you find anything or hear anything let me know I will look online for awhile longer to see if there is any truth to it. Thanks again

6. scottas

scottas Guest

A fried xbox is usually user related. Though the 1.6 requires some extra work, a good mod just doesn't fry itself. The main change in the 1.6 that is visible is that you don't get the temp readout. Just config the fan for a little more speed if you are worried. My main 1.6 has been going since they came out and is played maney hours everyday. Has a hdd upgrade also, but no issues with getting too hot. Don't fear the mod chip, just take your time and do a good install or have it done for you (an experienced installer not one of your buds). It seems that people tend to blame everything for a bad install except the install itself.

7. pvt213

pvt213 Member

some gr8 info there scotta, thebxplya, if ur thinking of getting ur xbox modded u really should. i got mine done the other week & man its not an xbox anymore its a whole entertainment station[​IMG]
    & theres just sooo much stuff 2 do with it.

8. punqewe

punqewe Active member

If you're worries about heat,the best thing to do right off the bat is replace your thermal paste on your cpu and gpu with some good old arctic silver. this will lower your temps alot.

9. thebxplya

thebxplya Guest

I thank U guys alot for all of your help, I have another question for scotta or anyone else who can answer, where sould you reccomend that I would get this done?? Any suggestions on a good reliable place?

10. scottas

scottas Guest

Check out Team Xecuter's site. They have links to mod chip resellers and installers. Many of them deal in other chips but I prefer xecuters chips. Just do some research on the different ones.

11. jay22b

jay22b Member

i had a 1.5 and modded it without the full two extra wires on and i nearly cocked it. The m/b was to hot to hold after i pulled it down ,